- Salary: $108,492.80 – $131,144.00 Annually USD
Overview whom might APPLY: This place is available to all candidates that are qualified. Wastewater, Teamsters regional 117 internal prospects will get consideration that is first. $1.00 each hour through the base wage will be redirected towards the Western Conference of Teamsters Pension Trust Fund.
NEEDED MATERIALS: King county application, resume cover letter and resume
WORKING ARRANGEMENTS: Standard hours that are working 40 hours each week. Candidates needs to be open to work any assigned routine. This place is exempt through the conditions regarding the Fair work guidelines Act and it is perhaps perhaps not overtime-eligible.
JOB EXPLANATION: The duties with this category include supervising workers whom monitor, run and continue maintaining a wastewater therapy facility, conveyance and collection system. Incumbents guarantee conformity with appropriate regional, Washington State and federal atmosphere, wastewater and security laws and demands and tend to be in charge of preparing long- and short-term workload, cost management, workers training and gratification administration. Job Duties
- Supervise and direct the job of lead, skilled trades, semi-skilled trades for Day Operations group. Supervisory duties include employing, review and evaluate worker work performance and supply constructive feedback; offer mentoring; recommend and/or initiate disciplinary action Arrange, schedule, coordinate, monitor and review the daily work of a team therefore the long-range preparation and scheduling of the team. Ensure prompt conclusion and quality of work by the team. Take part in long-range facilities preparation.
- Requisition materials and equipment, keep stock, make sure requisition procedures are followed and also make budget choices.
- Review plans, designs or procedures for the assigned portion of major construction tasks with contractors, design designers, vendors and agency’s construction administration unit. Organize, coordinate and provide expertise that is technical long-range special tasks; offer way to senior staff on unique jobs.
- Assist senior staff in scheduling and prioritizing work purchases along with other divisions, divisions and agencies.
- Arrange, schedule and supply training to other people and training that is maintain on workers. Review laboratory data and recommend and/or make procedure control choices.
- Coordinate unit, department as well as other agencies’ reactions to uncommon occurrences and emergencies; just just take action that is corrective appropriate. Can be in charge of news contact. Ensure adherence to all or any policies, criteria and procedures.
- Work, monitor and control gear and systems making use of complex computers. Participate in work negotiations and grievance hearings.
- Prepare technical reports of plant operations for submittal to administration and state and federal regulatory agencies.
- Assume responsibilities that are operational the lack of the Plant Manager for rotating changes along with other operations.
- Perform the duties of this other classifications within the Wastewater Treatment Operations show as needed.
- Be around to your workplace all change schedules, including rotating changes; are needed to be on standby and/or call-out status and susceptible to after-hours call-in for uncommon occurrences and emergencies.
Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Techniques
- Advanced familiarity with task administration strategies and concepts
- Advanced familiarity with the description, function and major components for plant-wide fuel, chlorination, heating, ventilating and atmosphere training, smell control, electric, water, atmosphere and systems that are hydraulic
- Advanced understanding of the description, function, major elements, causes for alarms and monitoring that is handy remote control system for the gear and systems when you look at the initial, main and additional, solids managing, odor control and/or the collection and conveyance systems
- Advanced understanding of expertise in the description and purpose of computerized remote and supervisory control systems utilized to manage, run and monitor a wastewater treatment system that is major
- Advanced familiarity with experience in operating, monitoring, keeping and training regarding the gear and systems into the treatment that is preliminary, main therapy area, secondary area, solids managing area as well as in the collection and conveyance system and systems for plant-wide gasoline, chlorination, heating, ventilating and air cooling, smell control, electric, water, atmosphere and hydraulic systems
- Advanced Knowledge in interpreting and applying information that is technical plant drawings, technical datasheets, operations and upkeep manuals and laboratory test outcomes
- Advanced Knowledge in keeping and developing an effective working relationship aided by the general public, vendors, contractors, regulatory agencies, associates as well as other workgroups.
- Advanced understanding of advanced level troubleshooting abilities for complex wastewater therapy systems and processes and complex smell control systems and also to manage uncommon occurrences and emergencies
- Some knowledge within the application of participative workplace company axioms, such as the business preparation procedure, the establishment of requirements and feedback, interaction, listening and feedback, conflict resolution, effective team meetings, problem-solving, choice generating and facilitation.
- Some understanding of purchasing policies and procedures
- Experience in assisting long- and workload that is short-term, budgeting, training and gratification administration
- Ability in managing written and/or computerized information systems logs that are including reports, lab and procedure information, difficulty reports and work needs.
- Skill into the application of security policies, procedures and methods for restricted room entry, fall protection, risk interaction, recognition and control, dangerous power control, crisis reaction and evacuation, accident prevention, hearing conservation, preventing right straight right back accidents, breathing security, fire safety, division facilities and operations, forklift training, overhead cranes, plant-specific security information along with other department-wide safety information
- Experience in advanced level training to meet up with or meet or exceed King County, state and regulations that are federal
- Supervisory abilities to lead, teach and mentor; offer direction, prepare and conduct performance evaluations and just simply take disciplinary actions Communication abilities (oral and written)
- Assessment and decision-making skills
Supplemental Ideas LICENSING/CERTIFICATION:
- Washington State License
- Washington State Group III Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Official Official Certification
- Washington State Group IV Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Official Official Certification
- CPR and medical official certification
SELECTION PROCESS: A competitive process is will likely be utilized for this selection procedure. Article on interior prospects should include reviews of performance appraisals, workers files, interior guide, Benefit Time / Vacation usage logs, etc., before any last offer. Outside prospects will demand connections for recommendations.
UNION MEMBERSHIP: Teamster Wastewater Local 117 represents this position.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Performing at Wastewater Treatment facilities
For lots more details about this recruitment, please contact: Rijul BhaskarSenior Human site Analystrbhaskar@kingcounty.gov
Closing Date/Time: 6/4/2020 11:59 PM Pacific